Helping you to overcome heroin addiction through my own experience, strength, and hope.


Heroin withdrawal detox at home

I personally went through heroin withdrawal at home 40 years ago. I was shooting heroin every day for at least a year then the heroin began drying up and this is the first time I knew what it was like withdrawing from heroin.

When my last dose stated to wear off my eyes started tearing and I was yawning a lot and wanted a bag of dope like there was no tomorrow. The first was the by far only the start because the major opiate withdrawal continued to progress with stomach crams, aches and pains in the legs and joints, goose bumps, diarrhea, insomnia, and craving heroin.

At this point I was basically freaking out I need another shot of heroin fast but did not have the money to get it. I had at this point resigned myself to having to go heroin cold turkey. Having done it before I new I was in for some hard times. I did not give up because I knew if was to continue to use heroin meant a death sentence so I stuck it out.

The good news is that you too can learn how to overcome heroin addiction and find a new way to live. I was basically a hopeless dope fiend and now I am a faithful hope fiend.



How to recover from heroin in opiate addiction rehab

The best way for anyone to beat an addiction to heroin is by entering some type of opiate rehab anyway this is the most preferred method by addicts to quit heroin and the reason is because one can be medially detoxed from heroin.

If you go you will be well taken care of by a staff of trained professionals who will be there 24/7 to see to your needs as well as administer prescription medications to help ease your withdrawal symptoms. This process normally takes around five days but after completing your detox you will go directly to residential treatment where you will learn many new tactics to help you stay clean and sober.

In residential treatment you will be there with other people that are trying to overcome their addiction to opiates as well. Everyone will be required to attend 12 step meetings, lectures, one on one substance abuse counseling, and group therapy, plus anything else the treatment facility deems relevant to your drug addiction recovery.

Heroin home detox

There is also the option of kicking heroin at home for those that can not afford going to rehab. This can be done with over the counter medications to help relieve withdrawal symptoms.

I would strongly recommend getting together with your counselor before leaving to treatment to come up with an aftercare plan. Most people will want to continue with there sobriety with ongoing 12 step meetings while others may want to continue with substance addiction therapy both are good choices.

If you plan to stop using opiates like heroin from home it is very important to come up with a solid heroin addiction recovery plan. A good plan will help you to remain clean and sober after you finish detoxing from heroin or whatever opiates you are taking. A good plan should consist of attending meetings every day and talking with others in recovery. I have been clean for some time now and I still attend meetings regularly because meetings are what got me sober and are how I stay clean today.

It may sound like a tall order attending meetings on a daily basis on the other hand how bad do want to quit heroin. I would also ask how much time and effort did you put into finding ways and means to cop another bag of heroin.