Helping you to overcome heroin addiction through my own experience, strength, and hope.


Heroin addiction is hard on the family as well as the addict

Heroin Addiction is for most people a nightmare that you never wake from however it is possible to awaken from this nightmare and stop using heroin. I don't know that I became addicted to heroin the first time I tried it. I would have to say it was more of a progression. Matter of fact I don't think I liked it too well all I remember is really being sick and puking a lot. I started using heroin when I was around 16 and it took a whole lot of rehabs to get clean and get it right.

I have seen people overcome heroin addiction there first time around and they now have multiple years clean. I just was not one of them. I had to try to find the easier softer way by switching drugs and trying to just drinking alcohol. Believe me I have tried it all. It usually ended the same way either with me in jail or being dope sick.

I think anyone can get clean and stay clean on their first attempt if they take action to change their life. I believe it is necessary to have a plan for your recovery from heroin addiction. Make a list of the things you are will to do for your recovery and go over it with a sponsor. If you do not have a sponsor I would suggest that you get one. There are many available around the tables of NA and AA. It can also be found online at NA.org.

Once you have your life changing plan make a commitment with yourself and your sponsor to do everything on it and stick to it.



How to beat Heroin Addiction

Heroin addiction is a serious issue but there are many places and resources to get heroin addiction help. Firstly, there are many addiction hot lines that one can all to get help with this or any serious addiction. The phone number for one of these hot lines is (877)-520-3456. Counselors are available at this hot line twenty four hours a day and seven days a week and are always willing to talk to and guide an addict or a person dealing with an addict. The hot line can help a person wanting to recover from heroin addiction by helping them to find a heroin addiction rehab program as well as simply being there when the addict needs somebody to talk to.

There are many rehabilitation programs nationwide, also. One example is the 12 Palms Recovery Center which is located in Florida. This program will help a person struggling with an addiction by offering both inpatient or outpatient counseling and support. There are also websites dedicated to helping people with addictions come together and seek help or give help. An example of this sort of website is one of these sites is called NA.org this is a social networking site where addicts can speak about their current or past problems. 

There are also heroin detox programs available for people who are severely addicted to heroin and have exhausted their bodies and minds. An example of this type of program would be heroin rehab. There they will use integrated medicine to help one overcome addiction. Detox is a medically supervised procedure that helps the body to get rid of toxins faster and more easily than just letting a body do it naturally. These are a few of the many ways to get help with a heroin addiction.