Helping you to overcome heroin addiction through my own experience, strength, and hope.


Heroin Relapse prevention techniques to help you stay clean and sober


Relapse prevention and Red light indicators
Mood swings

If you have recently quit using heroin are quite natural; furthermore, mood swings are an indicator that you may have a desire to use. If you are sitting around the house all day long and not doing anything but watching TV then you probably should get out of the house and go for a long walk anyway when I first go out of rehab I went for a long walk each and every day. I did this on days when all I wanted to do was stay at home and lay in bed but in the long run it helped me immensely stop heroin.


















Anxiety

If little things are bothering you then you may want to do something about the situation. If you get annoyed with someone it is just may be a good idea to share with them why you are annoyed because keeping things in until you boil over and lose your cool is not good.

Isolation

I am a chronic isolator myself do something go for a walk read call someone and make plans to get out of the house. I would just site in the house and watch movies for days on end until it became natural for me and when I did finally come out of the house to go to a meeting or something I felt out of place.

Not asking for help

We can beat heroin addiction but we must ask for help and we need to understand that we can not stay clean alone. Pick up the phone and call another recovering addict now. I got in the habit of calling my sponsor once a day many years ago and I still call him several times a week just to check in and let him know how I am doing. The first few times I tried it I was scared because I was telling myself that I did not know what to say to him sometimes the phone felt like it weighed a thousand pounds.

Missing meetings

This is the best way in the world to relapse. We need to stay plugged in to other recovering addicts by going to meetings.

Poor eating habits

When we get to hungry it throws our system out of whack the other program recommends that we not get to hungry, angry, lonely, or tired.

Poor sleeping habits


When we stay up alight watching movies and are tired all day long we start thinking of things to make us feel better. When we start doing these things we open the door to relapse.

If you do relapse on heroin or other drugs keep coming back I did. I think I could write a book on the number of times I relapsed.I believe it is necessary to come up with a relapse prevention plan.

One of the best ways to prevent relapse is going to 12 step meetings such as narcotics anonymous if you are recently out of substance abuse treatment or coming back from a heroin binge then I would suggest hitting a meeting every day. This help get you used to living without drugs while your body recuperates.

The thing is that I kept coming back and am clean today by the grace of God. If you have tried getting clean and failed for whatever reason please do not give up. Getting and finding ways to get more dope is an all day job with no retirement benefits so why not get some heroin addiction help today and find a new way to live clean!

For more help on this matter go here Heroin Addiction Help.