Helping you to overcome heroin addiction through my own experience, strength, and hope.


How to stop becoming addicted to hydrocodone

Addiction to hydrocodone



To my knowledge addiction to hydrocodone is steadily rising not only in the Untited States but other Countries around the world. I would hazzerd to guess that most people did not say when the were little when I grow up I want to be a be a hydrocodone addict; however it seems to have worked out this way for many of us, we can lay the blame for this because this or that thing in our lives did not turn out the way it was supposed to. The bottom line is if we want to get better and stop using hydrocodone then we have to own it and take responsibility for our lives as well as our addiction to hydrocodone.

In my opinion hydrocodone is over prescribed I mean all one has to do is basically to sprain and ankle or something go to your doctor and tell them of your pain and 9 times out of 10 you will get a prescription for something like vicodin which contains hydrocodone. This can be prevented but you must take action and speak up, ask your doctor if they could prescribe a non narcotic if you feel that you can handle the pain. I am not a Dr. but I have refused drugs containing hydrocodone I have learned that I can not handle any type of mind altering substance so I always inform a new Dr. that I am an addict this is our responsibility too.

In any case if you think you may have a problem with these types of drugs they you should seek help I would suggest that you go to hydrocodone treatment there you can detox from hydrocodone relatively pain free. Once you have finished you detox from hydrocodone when you have finished this you will move on to residential treatment where you will learn how to stop using hydrocodone. This is the best way to kick hydrocodone so look for a rehab in your area and make an appointment and do it today.