Helping you to overcome heroin addiction through my own experience, strength, and hope.


Do you want to know what are Dangers of smoking heroin

I think a lot of folks may be under the assumption that smoking heroin is not that bad especially our younger people. They seem to like to brag about chasing the dragon aka smoking heroin. All I can say about this that anyone who chases the dragon better pray they don’t catch it because it likes to hold on.

Sometimes people become addicted to heroin and that’s it there is no looking back lights out, hooked for the rest of there life. I am not saying that this is going to happen but it has happened to a lot of people, therefore this can not be ruled out, so beware that the dragon does not set you on fire. Trust me you will play hell trying to put it out.

I know that a lot of therapists are encouraging addicts who are injecting heroin that they should stop shooting heroin and start smoking it. Only one thing wrong with this idea is that smoking it causes severe muscle damage and this can lead to death if the addict does not stop using heroin.

Dangers of smoking heroin Chasing the Dragon



I would suggest that if you want to avoid the dangers of smoking heroin that you go to heroin rehab. There you can quit using heroin relatively comfortably with a heroin detox. This will be done medically and for the most part will last approximately 3 or 4 days. In my opinion this is the best way to stop. I have kicked heroin like this in the past. Do not worry about the heroin withdrawal. People have probably heard how horrendous they are. This is just a rumor they are very manageable in fact the medication they give you in rehab will for the most part relive any pain of withdrawal. Why not give it a try.

If you do go make sure that you have a sound heroin addiction recovery plan before you leave. My suggestion would be to get together with your substance abuse counselor before leaving and make a recovery plan. This plan can include things like ongoing drug addiction therapy and attending 12 step meetings. If you intend to go to meetings then you should find out where and when they meet and write this all down and include the ones you plan on attending. I can not say enough about having an aftercare plan because those who do not will more than likely return to active addiction.

When you do go to meetings get some phone numbers and start interaction with fellow addicts because they will be your new friends. We have to let go of our old playmates. I tried to hang out with my old using friends after I was clean and sober for a while and I was able to do it a few times and stay clean but temptation got the better of me and I ended up relapsing on heroin. I say this so you do not have to repeat the same mistakes I did in other works look at it like I done it for you.

Good luck