Helping you to overcome heroin addiction through my own experience, strength, and hope.


Battling dilaudid addiction and beating it

A very popular drug these days seems to be dilaudid. It is commonly abused by heroin addicts as sort of a substitute for heroin. It was invented in Germany by Knoll pharmaceuticals in the early 1900’s furthermore, it was said at the time they were trying to improve on the very addicting drug morphine. Dilaudid is used in the medical field to alleviate severe pain. Many cancer patients prefer this drug because it actually does help relieve their pain. Diaudid is also can be found in cough syrups where it is used to treat bronchial pain brought on by coughing.



Battling dilaudid addiction


Maybe if you are reading this you are trying to find a way to stop using dilaudid. If that is the case continue reading, I will give you some suggestions how this can be done. When I finally was able to get clean I had to surrender to the fact that I tried to continue using until I was beat down enough to want to stop. During this process I tried every way it the book to use successfully. I tried switching this drug for that one because the present one was causing problems. I tried drinking alcohol. I even tried to cut down the number of days I would use per week. None of it worked I was beaten the drugs had one. If this sounds familiar to you and you are battling dilaudid addiction I would recommend going to rehab.

In rehab you can be medically detoxed from dilaudid with no concern about dilaudid withdrawal because you will be given medications to help ease the discomfort. A medical team will help to keep you as comfortable as possible during your detox. After your detox you will go directly to residential treatment. Once there you will be exposed to lectures, group therapy, and individual counseling. This will prepare you to stay clean when you leave rehab.